Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Update

Here's my report on the recent New Year's Eve festivities in Taichung:

Fubar was closed. Don't know what was up with that. PJ's was not. People at The Dive were buying tickets for the Swank party that evening. Oldies had a door charge of NT$500 that nobody wanted to pay. FM was not filled, but had a respectable crowd of noobs and fogeys. Somebody brought babies to La Bodega. They cried. Somebody else still has a problem with Mikey Mike. Mikey Mike did not work behind the bar on New Year's Eve for the first time since 1981. 89K was booming, with hot South African lesbians about and Big John possibly insulting me as we stood outside and drank. I didn't understand the insult when it occurred, and had no memory of it the next day, so no harm done I guess. I might have agreed at some point to trade my wife for Lance's girlfriend DeShea, but I'm not real clear on that either. Eating the bag of greasy French fries at 1:30AM, while seeming to be a good idea at the time, was in retrospect not.

One of the nice things about New Year's Day in Taiwan is that you can wake up before 11:00AM and watch the ball come down in New York. I missed that this year, by a couple of hours.

No comments: