Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Pulse

Has hit the stands in Taichung. If I have my druthers, it will be a Taichung version of The Exile, filled with profane savaging of local figures and institutions. But I'm not the publisher, Lance is. I'm a 'contributor', which means I write for beer. I usually get compensated in bad beer, but that's ok since a) the stuff I write is not all that entertaining, and b) I'm not comfortable with beers that have things like flavor and alcohol content. Budweiser's good.


Links o' the day:

Database of North Korean Propaganda. 343 articles using the term 'Imperialist aggressor'. Well, what can you expect from a bunch of Communist Bandits?


The Gift of Democracy (The Ferrett)
Wow. Look at his comments. He's managed to piss just about everyone off- Right and Left alike.

9 comments:

Sasabear said...

It's a really COOL blog! I don't live in Taichung, but it's still interesting to read about people's lives there!

Red A said...

Too bad Bread's gone.

Chaon said...

Thank you Sasabear. Do you live in Taipei?

Sasabear said...

I live in ChungLi. A city in Tao Yuang. It's nice to read your post. I like your writing style and you seem to be really interested in Taiwanese culture!

Robin said...

Karl should be ashamed of himself, now he's picking up women on his blog.

Michael Turton said...

Damn Karl, she's cute! Ask her if she plays chess.

Chaon said...

Guys, one of the advantages of being as old and immeasurably wise as I am, is that I've come to know when a girl is totally out of my league. Unless she has a fetish for real tall guys... Well, I guess it's possible.

Sasa, would you like to play chess with Asia's tallest and most formidable chess player?

Sasabear said...

i would if i knew how to play chess...

felice said...

Karl,

can you remember (must be eight years ago), that you were excited winninbg a chess game against a 11 year old taiwanese?

(guess there are not too many karls playin chess in Taichung and are sized over 6 foot....