Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Oktoberjest

I just learned (or perhaps relearned) that the Chinese for Oktoberfest is pi jiu jie, literally: beer festival. Well that's honest. I don't know if anything in Taichung is going on for this, insofar as every Friday night in this town seems to be a beer festival. If you are J-Hole, then apparently every night is a beer festival. And that brings us to one of the mysteries of modern times: Why in the hell doesn't J-Hole get a great big beer belly from all that beer? Hell, I drink a third of what he drinks and I look like like I'm five months pregnant.

Anyway, if you want to celebrate beer the German way, go to Wendel's in Taipei. They have the whole deal: beer, bratwurst, German folk dancing, and an invasion of the Polish deli across the street. Wendel's is located in Tienmu, and their phone number is (2)-2831-4592. If anyone knows of anything Oktoberfest related in Taichung, please let me know.

Speaking of which, have you all heard about the new German-Chinese restaurant? The food is great, but an hour later, you're hungry for power.

Thank you very much. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiter.

1 comment:

Red A said...

J-Hole simply avoids eating meals. Seriously, outside of his own home, have you ever seen him eat ANY food?