Friday, August 26, 2005

But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man...

Found at the The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood:

Reflections on Ephesians 5 and I Timothy 2
"This make-up causes both men and women to be able to do many of the same things, but makes men "just right" for some roles and women "just right" for others."
Absolutely correct. And allow me to take this opportunity to remind someone whose English name rhymes with "Mynthia", that the role of Sandwich Bringer is one for which women are ideally suited, or in other words, "just right". Let us also note that nowhere in the article does it say that women are suitable for the role of ninja, bisexual or otherwise.

6 comments:

Red A said...

Yes. If you must quote scripture, then let it be for a practical common sense problems such as sandwich delivery, laundry service, or beverage provision.

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Another religious viewpoint Karl will enjoy immensely. Not because he agrees or such, but because he clearly has a propensity for taunting and being amused by excessive zealotry. I think this crew has reps in the Hillsborough County Commission and Florida Legislature. Personaly, I am all for gay people, any group that doesn't procreate is good by me.

Chaon said...

Angus, in this case I enjoy even more than usual:

http://www.cbmw.org/about/director.php

Do you recognize Randy Stinson? Remember him? I e-mailed to confirm, he is our CHS member of the 'popular crowd', who as I remember used to date the girl that had the real tiny head.

Kevlar said...

Great post. My child prefers boob milk straight from the boob. I was foolish enough to convince my wife to breast pump during nap time. Take the afternoon off and have a cold beer. Am I wrong? She has the milk, she should always be there in her cow role. I should be free to hunter-gather (control the remote, play computer games). If God wanted men to feed babies he would have given us milk producing units.

Chaon said...

I've been making and bringing my own sandwiches my whole life, including 6 years of marriage. I just think that I am not ideally suited for this role. I am ideally suited for the role of Sandwich Eater.

Anonymous said...

If god meant for men to produce milk...well, we do have nipples, so apparently Intelligent Design had some indecisive areas....

BTW - I did put the www.godhatesfags.com page in that other post, didn't I? Much funny.