Friday, August 26, 2005

Bainbridge Stirs the Pot

Stephen Bainbridge, whose conservative credentials are better even than my sarcastic drunk credentials, fires one over the bow:

"It's time for us conservatives to face facts. George W. Bush has pissed away the conservative moment by pursuing a war of choice via policies that border on the criminally incompetent."
Ah Professor. I think you are getting all worked up over nothing. Yes, the Iraq occupation is something of a mess. Yes, Bush is having some minor popularity troubles right now, and yes, the conservative agenda has not made much progress in spite of conservatives enjoying leglislative, executive and judicial majorities. But you know what? I'm not packing up and moving back to the good ole U.S. of A. yet. Here's why: Who is in a position to leverage this unpopular war into an electoral smackdown on the Right? What's that, professor? You said: "The Democrats."?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Go find me a top Democrat who a) Was against the war from the beginning, and b) Is not a space cadet. Did you find one? I thought not. You see, my party is hopelessly compromised by the fact that most of us thought the war was a pretty good idea. The only Democrats who actively opposed the war are from the moon-child wing of the party. Hell, all we had to do last year to get the presidency from you guys was throw up an anti-war guy who was not an arrogant dick. Could we manage that? Nooooooooo. Not today's Democrats. We nominated a guy who prided himself on being a war hero and an anti-war protestor at the same time.

So rest easy Professor Bainbridge. Your conservative agenda will come, just maybe a little later than it could have. Granted, I think most of your agenda sucks, but I say the smart money is on y'alls team.

UPDATE: Fafblog thinks the same as me, only funnier-
BIDEN: Just like I told George Bush all along! I told him in the Oval Office, "You're gonna go in without enough troops and you're not gonna plan for the occupation and it's gonna be the biggest mistake of your presidency and I'm gonna vote for it!"

2 comments:

Red A said...

You could also have thrown up a candidate who was pro-war but ran on a platform of prosecuting it better.

Red A said...

It's my understanding that all politicians are arrogant dicks.

Except for that guy who lost his arm in that war...isn't that like 4 Senators?