Tuesday, April 12, 2005

8 days and something. How in the hell do you people go your ENTIRE LIVES without smoking? If you don't smoke, you can get bored! I haven't been bored since 1988, at least until until last night at the airport when I was waiting for our customer to arrive. Waiting for two hours is no problem with a pack of cigarettes. If I have smokes and a book, I can stretch a wait into four hours before starting to wonder: "When is this person going to get here?". Last night I had no smokes, and the book I am reading is The Davinci Code. Long wait indeed.

This weeks theology discussion will center around the growing threat of Unitarian Jihad.
We are Unitarian Jihad. There is only God, unless there is more than one God. The vote of our God subcommittee is 10-8 in favor of one God, with two abstentions. Brother Flaming Sword of Moderation noted the possibility of there being no God at all, and his objection was noted with love by the secretary.


Heh. And heh again. Reminds me of the only Unitarian joke I know:

An eccentric man purchases an expensive Lamborghini sports car and decides that such a fine car should be given a religious blessing. The guy drives around town. First he stops at a Catholic church and asks the priest to bless his Lamborghini but the priest asks, "What's a Lamborghini?" Same response from the rabbi at the synagogue and from other religious leaders at their respective houses of worship. Finally, in a last ditch effort, the man pulls into the driveway of the Unitarian Universalist church, where he chances upon the UU minister exiting from her car. "Nice Lamborghini!" the UU minister exclaims. "Thanks," says the man, "I was hoping you might give it a blessing." The UU minister replies, "What's a blessing?"

No comments: