Monday, August 25, 2008

That's it. I quit.

Bad enough that today is Monday. Worse is that I yesterday I finally started watching the DVD set House that Red A lent me. And I might have stayed up a little too late watching it. Or much too late.
And now I've had to stare at this for a couple of hours:

A pawl slideably mounted in the compartment and engaged with the ratchet wheel, with the pawl comprising a plurality of teeth corresponding to the symmetric non-arcuate concave teeth of the ratchet wheel, with the plurality of symmetrical non-arcuate concave teeth having an axial extent less than between the first and second axial ends and being axially spaced from the first and second axial ends to define first and second axially spaced portions, with the plurality of symmetrical non-arcuate concave teeth being intermediate the first and second axially spaced portions, with the hole and the first and second axially spaced portions configured to bear driving torque

Translation error. āo is not the same as concave, and reading "non-arcuate concave teeth" over and over again hurts my tiny brain. I know that the word "arcuate" comes from the Latin word arcus, which means "bow". Not that this information is particularly helpful.

Time for a new career. I bet I'd be a hell of a barista.

No comments: