Thursday, February 21, 2008

Last week my wife called me from a book show in Taipei, to tell me that there was a company with a booth selling all kinds of games, including the full A & A series. She asked me if she should get anything, and I said sure: Grab Axis & Allies, D-Day. She happily obliged*.

There was a group of local gamers playing A & A at the booth, and some excitement ensued when they saw a real live woman buy an Axis & Allies game! They were all students, so I doubt that any of them were successful in scoring my spouse's digits. Still, if I find a newer and younger Panzer or P-38 in my wife's bag, I'm gonna be suspicious.

Turns out the company sells a whole bunch of games, most of which I have never heard of. Their website is http://www.swanpanasia.com and their local dealer store is at No. 249 Mei Ting Jie 台中市梅亭街249. Tel: 04-2235-9456. That road runs from Bei Tun road to near FM, and I'm not sure where 249 is.



* For those of you keeping score, that is 1 game of Axis & Allies purchased and 1 stripper at birthday poker, leaving Chaon well in the lead in this decade's Awesome Wife Competition.

7 comments:

Bread said...

obligatory lesbian joke: the students were male, right? no need to check the bag, sir.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who's playing the awesome wife game, but mine gave me a game room with over 100 bottles of alcohol, a pool table, and a lock that keeps the kids out. Oh, did i mention that she knocks to come in?

still want to play?

Michael Turton said...

My wife once brought me home a bian dang....

Red A said...

Wow, I did not know boardgames were even available/popular here.

Chaon said...

Tim, when you wife sends a stripper to your game room, you'll be in the running.

Red A said...

I don't want to be insensitive, but your wife sending the stripper to your birthday party, while awesome, is a little bit like me taking my wife to Belgium, a country that just happens to have 300 kinds of beers, sold in every conceivable location, i.e. I'm getting some enjoyment along with my wife's enjoyment.

If J-hole's wife sent a stripper, now...

Tony Pace said...

The place is called Toy Restaurant (big neon letters on the building), and it's near Zhong Guo Medical, just slightly north off Huehshih Rd. Coming from Chung You, turn right at the FM Station and it's about three storefronts in on your right.
They have decent prices, used games for sale, and a good selection of games that you can play right in the store. I didn't see Axis and Allies in stock, but they do have a number of light wargames like Descent (Diablo as a board game), Memoir 44 and some other things, as well as tons of german designer games. I often go there on Wednesday evenings with friends for a game night - call me at 09 89611219 if you'd like to join in.

Tony