Saturday, April 29, 2006

Better than hacking up Yog-Sothoth, I suppose

When you go from heavy smoking to no smoking, at some point your lungs will catch on to what's going on, and decide to do a massive spring cleaning of sorts. This is ironic, because it means when you stop smoking it is possible to have coughing fits that are worse than anything you ever get when you are smoking all the time.

So I had one such coughing fit this morning, on day six of not smoking, and I coughed up what can only be described as a baby Cthulhu. It was totally cool looking, but none of my coworkers were interested when I tried to show it to them. I tried to take a picture, but it ate the camera.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The black goat of the woods with a thousand young? What's the matter with Yog-Sothoth? Do we have some kind of discrimination issue here? I SAID, DO WE HAVE A PROBLEM?

OK then.

Otherwise, congrats on NOT smoking. It is very hard, it was difficult for me to quit also. Good decision about this age. The lungs can bounce back, and once you expel the occasional shuggoth and their spawn from your lungs, you'll be fine.

Chaon said...

Wait a minute, I thought Yog-Sothoth was the formless void in spacetime which spawned Cthulhu, hence my reasoning that the only thing worse than coughing up the Old One would be coughing up the Old One's mother.

And I still got it wrong. Man, I don't know anything useful.

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yog-Sothoth

Anonymous said...

Shub-Niggurath (The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young)

My bad also.

Cthulu f'thagn.