Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I guess it's a claret?

From The Smoking Gun via Fark:

Blasphemy In A Bottle
L.A. entrepreneurs seek to market wine with "Jesus Juice" label

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me today, but I don't find that in the least bit funny. There is a time to lay it on pretty heavy on verious metaphysical systems, like that Christian in South Africa who insists that the anus is holy. I mean, I know that my anus is holy, but I don't know about the rest of you. Bonus humor: The title of his book is Die Sinode en Homoseks (the synod and homosex). Homoseks. Heh heh heh.

But disrespecting an entire faith just to sell wine? I can't even find a decent transubstantiation joke in there. Maybe it's the dormant commie inside me that's balking at this.

Red A, do you still have the business license to import food and beverages? I say, let's spread the irreverence around a bit. Our new product line will include the following:

Buddha Beer
Moses Moonshine
Allah's Alcohol (or maybe just Mecca Mash)
Shiva Spirits
LDS... Liquor? (running out of steam here)
And hopefully some kind of narcotic that we will market as Darwin Dope.

Does that cover pretty much everyone? Good. Red A, go find us sources for all these products. I'll be working on... strategy.

No comments: