Monday, March 21, 2005

Received: March 21, from charlesbrown123@yahoo.co.in
=================================================
Attention please! Strictly confidential!

Greeting,

With all due respect, I guess my letter will not embarrass you, since I have no previous correspondence with you. Strongly believed, I would not regret approaching you in this matter. I am Mr. Charles Brown, a solicitor at law and the personal attorney to late Mr. Francis Fichelle, a French national. Late Mr. Francis Fichelle is a private oil consultant/contractor with the shell petroleum development in Saudi
Arabia, herein after shall be referred to as my client.

I have a very urgent and mutual business relationship to propose to you On Sunday 26 December 2004, at about 0100 GMT, an 8.9 magnitude earthquake occurs on the sea floor near Ache in northern Indonesia. This earthquake generated a huge Tsunami wave, hitting the coasts of Indonesia,Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, India, Sri Lanka, Maldives and even Somalia.

Unfortunately, my client and his wife with their three children lost their lives in the devastation caused by the earthquake and tsunami that hit many part of Asia and east Africa. Since then, I have made several enquiries with his country's embassies
to locate his extended relatives, but this has also proved unsuccessful After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to personally contact you with this business partnership proposal. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating a huge amount of money left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the finance and Security Company where this huge deposit was lodged.

The deceased had a deposit valued presently a $12,000,000.00 million us dollars twelve million united state dollars) and company has issued me a notice to provide his next of kin or beneficiary by will, otherwise the account confiscated within the next ninety working days.

Having been unsuccessful in locating any of my late client relatives for one (1) month now, I am now seeking your consent to present you as the next of kin/beneficiary to the deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at $ 12 million united states dollars can be paid to you It is not necessary to be a blood relation to late Mr. Francis Fichelle, neither is it necessary to bear the same surname with him. It is even not important for the stand-in next of kin to be a French national.

Already, I have worked out modalities for achieving my aim of appointing a next of kin as well as transfer the money abroad for us to share in the ratio of 50% for me and 30% to you, while we will collectively donate the remaining 20% to Tsunami Relief Course.

It is my intention to achieve this transfer in a legitimate way, all I required is your honesty and co-operation, confidentiality and trust to enable us see this transaction through. The money transfer paper work itself will include a certificate of origin so that the receiving bank does not ask question.

Also the paper work will include proper certificate that the fund being transferred is from non-criminal sources. In short this will be a proper and legal money transfer with apparently no risk involved. The transaction is guaranteed to succeed without any problem.

As soon as I hear from you, I shall provide you with further clarification that you may need. Your urgent response will be highly anticipated and appreciated.

Best wishes,

Mr. Charles Brown.

Note: in the event you are not willing to assist, kindly notify me to prevent me from making further contact
=================================================
The reply:

Dear Mr. Brown,

I was intitially suspicious when I saw your E-mail, but the fact that you share a name with one of my favorite literary characters of all time allayed my suspicions.

Regardless, your proposal is not entirely reasonable. A fairer distribution would be 50% for me, 30% for you, 10% to the Tsunami victims, and 10% to the charitable organization "The Adepts of Chaon".

I await your sincere reply.

Karl Smith

No comments: