Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Rush (and to those of you who claim that I ripped him without ever listening to him, you are wrong ... I've heard him), represents, as I've mentioned, everything I hate in political and every other kind of commentary. Narrow-minded, intolerant, a sworn enemy of the disadvantaged, a friend of the power elite, against anyone who would dare to voice protest in an effort to alleviate human misery. One capsule describing where this guy's mind is. There was a story about some restaurant that had this gigantic lobster as some kind of pet -- very old, very big, kind of a personal treasure to the place and its patrons, a very special thing. Rush's reaction? He wanted to eat it, and would pay $2,000. Surely he was kidding, right? Nope, that's what he wanted to do. A trivial incident, I know, but I saw it as a microcosm of the guy's approach to things that are special and precious to others, but since it smacked of some kind of environmental preservation thing, Rush felt it had to be destroyed. Oh, he's a sweetheart.
Dr. Z
cnnsi.com
August 8, 2003

No comments: