Thursday, April 26, 2018

Depression is not...



... feeling depressed,

and it is not feeling sad.

Depression is (very often) not feeling a goddamn thing.

If you find yourself in a total state of apathy. If nothing really matters to you any more, then you are either going through an existential crisis*, or you are suffering from a major depressive disorder. I suggest you go see a doctor, just to be on the safe side**.



* And I'm not even sure there is a difference. If Kierkegaard had had access to Mirtazapine or Bupropion, the history of 20th century philosophy would probably have been very different.

** Long time readers will note that this is the first time I have treated this kind of subject with any seriousness. If this does not apply to you, just stay tuned for the lesbian ninja related content for which this blog is so famous.

Also, I'm sorry that I was a dick on Twitter to a bunch of people. You know who you are.


No comments: