Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Regional Dialiects

There is a large variance in the names for things across different parts of the United States. For example, in southern states you might hear people call this device:

a "turn signal," but likely as not we would just call it the "blinker." However, in states like New York and Massachusetts,  there is no English word for this device, because the people there do not know what it is or how to use it.

No comments: