Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Old Jamaica Ginger Blear


Found myself pushing just over 100 kg, so I decided to lay off the heavily-sugared teas and the carb-laden beers for a while. I had found a delicious and healthful alternative that had the added benefit of containing ginger, which is supposed to promote immune system functionality or balance your Chakras ar something like that. Old Jamaica Ginger Beer was surely the answer to my unhealthy lifestyle tendencies.


After a few days of diligently drinking ginger beer, I noticed that I had actually gained a kilogram. But I thought to myself: "Self, this body's metabolism is probably slowing down a bit as a reaction to the reduced daily caloric intake. Just keep drinking the ginger beer, and we'll gradually get back to our target weight (around 97 kg)."

But after another week, I weighed myself and saw with shock that I was now just under 103 kg. Something was very wrong. I mean, I knew that ginger beer was a healthy beverage, because I had clearly told this to myself many times. I checked the nutritional information on the can.


Let's see... 64 calories per 100 milliliters, and there are 330 ml in a can, so that's... 211 calories per can.

211 calories.



For reference, a 12 oz (330ml) can of Coke has 140 calories. A 16 ounce can of Budweiser has only 194 calories. I have effectively been fattening myself up for the Lunar New Year holiday.

Stupid Jamaicans.


No comments: