Thursday, May 26, 2011

You know what I need?

I need a redundancy troll. A great big Cave Troll to stand next to my desk at work, holding a club or mace or war hammer or something. He should be named Andrew, and he'd watch over my shoulder as I typed stuff. And whenever he saw this on my monitor:
"...a company known for cutting-edge and innovative designs..."
He would roar: "WHAT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CUTTING-EDGE AND INNOVATIVE? WHY YOU WRITE THIS WAY? YOU THINK MAKES SENTENCE STRONGER? DOES NOT! IS MAKE TEDIOUS BALDERDASH!"

Then he would whack me upside my bean shaped head with his weapon, and make me rewrite.

5 comments:

Robin said...

What does the job pay? If there's benefits, maybe I'll put in a resume.

Chaon said...

You can apply for an internship

Robin said...

Gee thanks, but I'm a little old for an intern ...

Chaon said...

Well to be honest, Robin, you may also be a little too old to effectively wield a war hammer.

Robin said...

So you are saying I don't exactly have the physique of Thor.

Hey, its not my blog that features a picture of me having a cucumber cream facial.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.