Monday, July 23, 2007

Out of touch

1) What's all this about Liddell getting knocked out by Jackson? Nobody ever tells me a damn thing. I call shenanigans.


2) Joe Biden is still alive? Serious?


3) The band Boston's most famous song got stuck in my head recently, so I pulled it up on Youtube for a listen. Scanning the comments, I found out that Brad Delp died this last March. Bummer. Double bummer if you happen to be listening to 'More than a Feeling' when you find out:

So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky

I need more popular media or something.

5 comments:

dildofuc said...

Karl,

I share your sentiment. Boston's music is quality in my eyes. The guitar riff before the chorus in that song is priceless even though some may say it's cheesy. I think it's better than any Journey song.

Did you see how he died? Charcoal-burning suicide. After some reading I see it originated in HK and it's fairly new as a process. Don't know what the deal is with these lonely rockers. Getting old must be a bitch when you're used to doing rails of stardust.

Chaon said...

It's weird. I had no use for Boston when I was young. I went straight from AC/DC to Billy Idol, and the only bands from the 70's that I gave any credit to were The Who and The Ramones. Now there are all kinds of old bands whose music springs into my mind and stubbornly sits there. Next flashback- Bob Seger.

And I agree- Delp's suicide is depressing, and suicide among rich, famous people is incomprehensible.

Red A said...

I thought it was started in Japan. Anyways next time you see someone buying a hibachi, give them a big hug. You might just save their life.

dildofuc said...

If Jackson is Irish then I heard the same story. If not, then I'm very bad at spinning the rumor mill.

Chaon said...

Not Irish:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinton_Jackson