Friday, October 13, 2006

Tomorrow night is Gigolo Night at FM. According to their E-mail:

This night promises to be an evening of surprise - as Taichung men show what they are made of. Discover who is the ultimate male pleasure machine as gigolos flaunt the tools of their trade. Remember: the price is always right!
"Tools of their trade", indeed. How does one even dress for such a party? What does a gigolo wear? Silk shirts or somesuch?


I'm going to go see The Departed tomorrow. It had better not suck. Hollywood does not have a real good record of remaking excellent foreign fims. Remember Taxi? How about Wings of Desire? Curse Meg Ryan to ten thousand hells. Has there ever been an American remake of a foreign film that was as good or better than the original? I don't think The Magnificent Seven counts.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Not going to go show some gwailo "tools"?

Rye said...

Hey Karl, you're listed as blog of the week at taiwanblogs.blogspot.com or maybe it was last week, yeah it was last week I guess.

way to go man!

Red A said...

Three men and a baby?

I also have to say The Office (American version) is pretty damn funny.

Chaon said...

What foreign movie was The Office based on?

The Departed was pretty damn good, though I'm not sure how to compare it to the original.

vt said...

The Ring kicked ass. Was that a remake of a foreign film, or just directed by a foreign director?

Bread said...

red a holding a tom selleck movie up as an example of hollywood greatness? jesus christ. im going to believe it is french ineptitude which should be praised, allowing hollywood to produce an equally shitty movie, lest my opinion of aaron be tarnished....

Red A said...

I was just joking about 3 Men & a Baby.

The Office was originally British.

The Ring was a Japanese movie, but I watched the American version, and it was pretty scary.

Now, maybe it's the nature of re-makes in general...you know, spaghetti westerns aren't that good either.

Chaon said...

You know, one of my favorite movies is The Unforgiven, with Eastwood. So I was pretty excited to find the original The Unforgiven at a DVD store for like NT$100. If the remake was so good, how awesome must the original be?

What a stinking pile of unwatchable crap. I wanted my $100 back.