Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Battlestar Galactica

I know all the cool bloggers have already spouted off about some aspect of the show, but I am forever behind the times on pop stuff like this. Anyway, Michael Turton lent me the season 1 & 2 DVD set, and I'm about three episodes into the second season.

I don't like Starbuck. I don't care that they reinvented Starbuck as a woman. I just don't like *this* woman. If Captain Thrace raises her eyebrows in that annoying smirk one more time, I'm going to throw a beer can at the TV. Which I can do, because my wife is in India.

I am sure that a lot of bloggers have made inappropriate sexual jokes and comments about Grace Park. I would like to heartily agree with and endorse all such comments. Boomer indeed.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Philistine.

Chaon said...

Because I don't like Starbuck?

MJ Klein said...

that crap they are calling "Battle Star Galactcia" is no more BSG than that group playing down at the Hilton tonight is "the Platters." "You just can't f*ck with some things" an old drummer I know was fond of saying. Starbuck ain't a woman (i call the new character "Starbucks" because its more about being trendy than substance), and Boomer absolutely is, a black man, no matter what! thank goodness i left the US before the show went full time. seeing some little girl who looks like someone i knew in Jr. High answer to "Boomer" (in the pilot film) was enough to add another greasy thumbprint to my remote control channel selector button. i don't know what it is, but it sure looks like PC Glactica to me.

i was a huge fan of the original show.

Chaon said...

Who or what are 'The Platters'?

And your points aside, the simple fact is that Edward James Olmos kicks the living hell out of Lorne Greene. I'm thinking Olmos should run for president.

Robin said...

The original show was beloved by corn lovers everywhere. The old videotapes are rendered down for ethanol to fuel cars today. The new show is definitely not the quality of the old - thank god.

Chaon said...

The discs that Michael lent me also have some of the old episodes on them. I was able to watch one for about five minutes. Urgh.