Wednesday, February 02, 2005

There are occasional difficulties with being an extreme skeptic. Like when I see a site like this, I have difficulty discerning whether or not it is a hoax:
"The Rapture Index has two functions: one is to factor together a number of related end time components into a cohesive indicator, and the other is to standardize those components to eliminate the wide variance that currently exists with prophecy reporting."
Upon reading that sentence, the Woo-dar got into a heated argument with the Hoax-a-meter, the argument ending by the Woo-dar putting the hoax-a-meter into a hammerlock. Then I had to take some more aspirin.

So it's not a hoax. There is an index to measure events likely to precede Armageddon. One factor is apostasy. Another is Liberalism. Both Iran (Persia) and Russia (Gog? What the heck is a Gog?) are in the index. So I would assume that if a Russian or Iranian liberal experiences apostasy, then that is sort of a Rapture trifecta.

But I don't understand the inclusion of Oil Supply/Price and Arms Proliferation. Certainly I am no Bible scholar, but I've read the Bible and I don't remember reading anything like this:
And thus did Jebediah secure a mighty rate for his pots of oil. And Lo! Jebediah did approacheth the chariot of the Gog guy. And there did he (Jebediah, not the Gog guy) purchase many Kalishnikovs, and thus did he skirt the arms embargo of the confederated kings.

But I might of missed it. Right now I'm trying to figure out which of these factors I might be involved with. The occasional betelnut chomping might get me in on Drug abuse. My disrespect for things like the The Rapture Index may be seen as Anti-Christian (though I would prefer to get lumped in with the Ecumenism folks). But since a Google search turned up the existence of a group called the Adepts of Chaon, I'm going to aim high and go for The False Prophet. Aaron, I'll leave Financial unrest to you.

No comments: