Friday, February 18, 2005

The Skeptics' Circle. Sort of lacking in profanity and the word "woo" for my tastes, but still a good read.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Time to get out the checkbook and send Tom Tancredo some money. Can I do that, even though I'm registered to vote in Florida? (not Colorado) If I had more money, I'd send some to Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Florida), Rep. Mark Souder (R-Indiana), Rep. Edolphus Towns (D-New York), and Rep. John Shimkus (R-Illinois), the other sponsors of the bill. Hey! Why is there only one Democrat in this 'bipartisan' resolution? Oh yeah, I remember! My party only stands on principle when it is politically and financially convenient!

--------------------------------------------------------------


In other news, the U.S. Navy will commission an attack submarine- The Jimmy Carter. Kent finds that to be kind of weird, and wonders if the Navy will subsequently commission a Mahatma Ghandi aircraft carrier, or a Jeanette Rankin nuclear missile cruiser. Well, is this any more incongruous than a Ronald Reagan library? What they should do, is whenever the Navy wants to commission a new ship, they should put the bidding rights on E-bay, like they are doing now with stadiums. Evidently Fark.com bought the naming rights to some stadium, so I expect that hilarity will shortly ensue. So the navy could do this for all of their boats, raising cash and letting the American people feel further vested in the military. I'd max out all my credit cards to get a Karl Smith Joint Command Ship. But the damn squids would probably come up with some kind of clever navy slang for my boat, like the Listing Drunkard.

No comments: