Friday, May 25, 2007

Liquor in the front...

...Poker in my living room. As seen on Ni Howdy, poker is at my house tonight, 9:00PM. NT$200 table charge. Since it has been about six months since our last poker game, let's look at this Snopes article on various superstitions associated when playing cards. The information is good, but incomplete. Here are some other important things that will inevitably bring you bad luck when playing cards:

-Drinking sixteen Budweisers and going all in on a pair of threes.
-Being from Tampa
-Being inordinately good at speed chess
-Playing at the same table as Bread

Speaking of Budweiser, finally someone writes with some common sense on the subject. Key points to remember-
* Budweiser is not for poofs
* Budweiser does not taste like piss. Normal urine has a pH of 4.6 to 8.0. Budweiser, like most lagers, has a pH of around 4.0.
* bollocks to your “microbreweries”
In this week's edition of things that make me go heh, Cats are Democrats, Dogs are Republicans.

6 comments:

dildofuc said...

Ha, nice one. A little posturing before the match. Your opponents will read the superstitions and you'll psych em out. I never knew the 4 of clubs was something to watch out for. Now I'll probably get spooked everytime I get it.

"The Devil's Bedpost"...bwahahaha!

Go get em Karl, take all their loot.

Chaon said...

Thanks man. I'll do my best. Last time Bread was in town he took all my lunch money in a real mean way- I intend to get it back.

dildofuc said...

who won all the loot?

Chaon said...

Pimp and Bread took the lion's share. I lost about $1400, in spite of (or perhaps because of) my dickishly calling Iron Cross as the last game at 3:00AM.

My wife, sensing my sensitive (read: very hungover) state Saturday morning in the same way a cougar can tell that a helpless fawn is gravely injured, grabbed my head and gave it a brutal shaking to wake me up at noon.

I hate it when that happens.

Red A said...

I was up NT$ 2,000 plus. Did Bread really win money? I thought his tray looked pretty empty.

Red A said...

Budweiser: Despite having a personal bad history with Bud, it is a drinkable American lager - and the quality (defined as consistency) is superb.