Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Nando's sauce in Taiwan



A few years ago, I spent 48 hours in London. That was my first and only experience in England. While it wasn't an entirely bad time, I did find the city to be somewhat overly cosmopolitan.
Editor's note: I am not a racist in any form. In fact, some of my best friends are cosmopolitan. 
So in my short time there, I ate some things and drank some things and oh my god £7 for a pint are you fucking kidding me.

But one thing stood out (besides the Grand Ole Museum of Looted Stuff), and that was Nando's Chicken. My god, and people said that Brits can't cook! They said John Bull doesn't know how to use spices! How wrong those people are! (or so I thought)

As it turns out, the people who say that stuff are probably right. Nando's isn't British, it is South African via Portugal.

Why does this matter to this esteemed blog? Because City Super has been selling Nando's sauce in a tiny little bottle for NT$265. And that's too damn much money for something I still have to cook myself. Unless it's like fresh crab meat or something. But now, you can buy Nando's sauce at Carrefour* for the low price of only NT$115. 
 
* At least you can at the Xindian Carrefour. Those stores are not real consistent about their product lines.


No comments: