Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pure, unadulterated facts about Obama from Fafblog.

======================================================

In politics news, the Republican party appears to be eating itself alive. Christopher Buckley endorsed Obama. Then he was promptly forced to resign from the National Review, the magazine founded by his father, William F. Buckley:
While I regret this development, I am not in mourning, for I no longer have any clear idea what, exactly, the modern conservative movement stands for. Eight years of “conservative” government has brought us a doubled national debt, ruinous expansion of entitlement programs, bridges to nowhere, poster boy Jack Abramoff and an ill-premised, ill-waged war conducted by politicians of breathtaking arrogance. As a sideshow, it brought us a truly obscene attempt at federal intervention in the Terry Schiavo case.

So, to paraphrase a real conservative, Ronald Reagan: I haven’t left the Republican Party. It left me.

No comments: