Friday, December 22, 2006

Sometimes, writers have just a little bit too much fun with their subject matter:

Hell of a pizza angers church
"I'm not sure how many Catholics buy from Hell, anyway," Mr MacGibbon said.

On the topic of food, I have for a long time thought that the best description of Taiwanese hot pot was Malv's: "A big bunch of boiled goop." However, today on Forumosa I saw a better formulation from Maoman:
Hot Pot? Go exercise until you've built up a nice greasy sweat. Then take a hot bath with cabbage and other flavorless veggies and meat sliced so thinly it's almost transparent. Swirl all the ingredients around you until everything has the same degree of tepid blandness and the texture of a soggy kleenex.
Verbose, but accurate.

=====================================================

I like this blog. Funny.

=====================================================

LOCAL:

What's going on in Taichung? I have no idea. PJ's Meat & Mash is... Closed? On hiatus? Can I rent it and open Fubar 2, Electric Boogaloo? It will be just like Fubar only instead of hockey I'll show televised chess tournaments.


2 comments:

J-hole said...

Meat and Mash is closed but PJ is serving the menu at PJs. He's gone until just before the new year, I think. He went to get his 3rd five-year multiple entry visa. Thinks its gonna be a piece of cake.Gonna show them tax receipts from one of the businesses in hope of securing a tourist visa. If it happens to anyone, it'll be PJ.

Chaon said...

I got three 5-year multiple entries, but I pulled hard guanxi to get the third.