Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Conservatives pride themselves on resisting change, which is as it should be. But intelligent deference to tradition and stability can evolve into intellectual sloth and moral fanaticism, as when conservatives simply decline to look up from dogma because the effort to raise their heads and reconsider is too great.


The above is a famous quotation by me. No, just kidding- I could never pull off a phrase like "intellectual sloth and moral fanaticism", dedicated as I am to profanity and ad hominem arguments. (Speaking of which, Kerry is still a dick)

The quote comes from William F. Buckley Jr., which surprises me on two levels: I didn't know William F. Buckley Jr. was in favor of reforming marijuana laws, and I didn't know William F. Buckley Jr. was still alive. So I am enlightened on two levels, really.

No comments: