Tuesday, December 16, 2003

So, the wife and I are not going to Sri Lanka in January. We won't be going to Sri Lanka because somebody
//glares at wife
put off buying tickets until this week, and now the Taipei-Columbo tickets are NT$28000 per person. That's US$820, and it's too much to pay. I can go to New Zealand for that price.

So, after giving my wife a thorough beating, we are booked to go to Vietnam for 10 days. Problem: I really don't know a damn thing about travelling in Vietnam. What to see, what not to eat, good places to stay... I know AJ has a copy of the Lonely Planet for Vietnam, but I think his copy is about 5 years old. Countries like Vietnam are changing so fast that guide books have a shelf life of a few years max. Maybe we can swing over to Cambodia and see Angkor Wat, but I don't know that there is much else to do in Cambodia besides try to avoid stepping on land mines.

No comments: